ITIN Application

Do you need an ITIN?
If you do not have a U.S. Social Security number (SSN), but you are required to file a US federal income tax return to be claimed as a spouse or dependent or to provide a tax identification number for other income tax purposes, you will need an ITIN. You must have a valid filing requirement to get an ITIN.

How do you get one?
To obtain an ITIN, applicants must complete Form W-7 and provide original supporting documents such as a valid passport. The ITIN is used to file tax returns and other tax-related documents with the IRS.

Applying without Certified Acceptance Agent

The Non-CAA procedure for obtaining an ITIN requires applicants to submit original documents or “certified” copies of the documents to the IRS. A certified document is one that the original issuing agency provides and certifies as an exact copy of the original document. The documents must be mailed to the IRS along with the completed Form W-7. The processing time for a non-CAA application can take up to 7 weeks or more.

Applying with Certified Acceptance Agent

If you need to obtain an ITIN, consider working with us as your Certified Acceptance Agent (CAA). A CAA is authorized by the IRS to assist with the ITIN application process and can help ensure your application is processed accurately and efficiently. Most importantly we will verify and review your original documents and you will not have to mail the originals with your application.

Ready to discuss?

Hear directly from our clients

Don't take our word for it...

“It was an absolute pleasure to work with Andrew. Very clear and easy-to-understand tax advice and delivery of information. Will be happy to work with him again in the future!”

Stefani K — Individual

“Andrew was very informative, helpful, and willing to explain anything I didn’t understand. Good at explaining my options and the pros/cons of each path with my LLC and international resident/non-resident tax obligations. I will definitely work with Andrew again.”

James B — Small Business Owner

“Andrew acted as a trustworthy partner. Quick turnaround and flawless execution of C-Corp tax return filing. Will certainly recommend him.”

Arvinderjit C. — CEO

Always easy to reach us

or fax: (617) 958-2651

We are authorized by IRS as Certified Acceptance Agent

A Certified Acceptance Agent (CAA) is a person or an entity that is authorized by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to help foreign individuals and other nonresident taxpayers obtain an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).

The main role of a CAA is to assist and guide applicants through the ITIN application process. They verify the authenticity of required documents, complete and submit the ITIN application on behalf of the applicant, and provide customer support throughout the process.